This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use
under the terms of the Open Game License v1.0a.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Strength.
- Small: As a Small creature, a gnome gains a +1 size bonus to
Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on
Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his
lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium
- Gnome base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A gnome can see twice as far as a human in
starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor
illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail
under these conditions.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as
martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against
illusion spells cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type.
Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class,
such as when it's caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages:
Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc. In addition, a gnome
can speak with a burrowing mammal (a badger, fox, rabbit, or the like,
see below). This ability is innate to gnomes. See the speak with
animals spell description.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day-speak with animals (burrowing
mammal only, duration 1 minute). A gnome with a Charisma score of at
least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day-dancing
lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation. Caster level
1st; save DC 10 + gnome's Cha modifier + spell level.
- Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass gnome's bard class does not
count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.